Saturday, September 12, 2009

State Fair Food

As some of you may know, this was the last year that the Nebraska State Fair was in Lincoln. Starting next year the state fair will be in Grand Island, which is actually closer to where we live. However, it is hard to imagine what the new fair will be like and it is sad thinking that the old state fairgrounds, where many memories have been made, will never be the same. Since this was the last year for the fair in Lincoln, I was on a mission to eat fair food until my heart and stomach were content. So here are a few of the things I ate.

Fried Pickles with spicy ranch. They sound weird, but they were actually very good.

Cheese on a stick. This is a state fair staple that I have to have every year.

Fried Oreos. These should come with a warning that you may become addicted to them.

While I was looking for food to eat I thought it would be fun to take a picture of the different kinds of food you can get on a stick. There was





The chocolate banana and fried Twinkies were on a stick.


The Hot Beef Sundae was not on a stick, but I just thought it looked gross.

These Carmel apples looked good, but by this point I was full and ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment